A check-in app to support connection,
expression, and learning
Identify & Navigate
- Encourage students to identify and express their emotions with Reflect in Teams.
- Get a sense of students' baseline knowledge, confidence, and motivation, with contextualized questions in Class Notebook.
- Students use emojis and illustrated representations of emotion words to share their personal experience with educators.
- Having space to share helps build a classroom ecosystem where students feel safe making mistakes and growing.
Identify focus areas
- Inform your teaching strategy and meet students where they are with response data in real time.
- Connect with students about their responses and differentiate to meet their emotional and academic needs.
- Find opportunities to celebrate!
Insights into action
- Identify when a student’s norm changes, or when variables are impacting the class with Insights-powered visualizations.
- Initiate conversations or advocate for students equipped with data.
Check in anytime, anywhere
Make Reflect part of your routine
SEL Check-insOne-on-one attention has an enormous impact on engagement, learning, and well-being of students. Without it, students’ needs can be missed, and emotions can surface in ways that aren’t easy to understand. Make check-ins part of your routine to give each of your students a place to share their feelings and give yourself data to track their status, progress and needs.
Learning progressSelf-awareness and self-management are critical skills for lifelong learning - by providing opportunities for students to reflect on their learning educators not only inform the trajectory of their teaching, but also increase students’ agency in learning. Students can practice asking for help and develop a growth mindset through honestly evaluating their effort, motivation, and progress. It is vital that students have a safe space to develop these skills, as it takes plenty of practice!
Social and emotional learning isn't just for kids.
While evidence shows that teachers with higher levels of social emotional competence have more effective classroom management, better retention, and higher academic achievement in their students, very little training is provided to support teacher’s personal SEL.
To effectively teach SEL skills, educators first need space to reflect personally and recognize their skills and opportunities for growth. Use Reflect in Staff Teams to take the temperature of your school ecosystem and ensure that educators' own needs are being met so they can invest the best of themselves in teaching.
Setting the scene
Check in with confidence
SecureReflect, as part of Microsoft 365, meets national, regional, and industry-specific regulations for data collection and use, including GDPR and the Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA) that protects the privacy of students' education records.
PrivateStudent’s responses are kept between the student and their educator. While educators can choose to share the distribution of responses students will never see their classmates’ names associated with responses.
IntegratedEducation Insights brings Reflect data from Teams and Class Notebook together to give educators access to the trends of check-in results over time. With filters for types of question, time frame, and more, educators can use Insights to identify changes in student behavior and cater their instruction to support students